Relationships are the essence of life and also the key to a blissful one. What better occasion than 'Raksha Bandhan' to share that love and respect for a sibling? It is these relationships that bring and hold a family closely together and when such relationships are teamed with festivals, then this bond or affection grows even more. Raksha Bandhan is considered a joyous festival that celebrates the sacred relationship between a brother and a sister. The tradition states that brothers protect their sisters from all evil and harm and is celebrated on this auspicious day, complete with prayers, wishes and a 'Rakhi' or a 'silk, sacred thread' tied on the brother's wrist. This completes the undying bond between two siblings and the sister is rewarded with boons, blessings and/or gifts from the brother along with a promise of lifelong protection. In a fast paced world, the celebration of the chaste bond of love between two siblings may not always happen face to face, and the perfect way to deal with this situation is to courier a "Rakhi" along with sending any one of these delightful SMSs that are sure to make your brother's or sister's day. Read on.
Rakhi SMS For Brothers
Wish your brother or sister a 'Happy Raksha Bandhan' with a unique style this season. Take your pick from the adorable collection of these Rakhi SMS's.
- We were always close, looking out for each other even when life led us along different paths. Like an invisible thread, our love binds us together, making sure we'll remember where we came from and what we mean to each other. Wishing you a joyous Raksha Bandhan, Dear Brother.
- Brothers are like streetlights along the road, they don't make distance any shorter but they light up the path and make the walk worthwhile.
- God could not take care for the whole world so he has given mothers to each family. In the same way, a mother could not take care for the whole part of our life, so she gave us brothers. Thanks for being my brother.
- You never say no,
you never say that’s impossible
and you never say you can't.
That's my brother,
A superman who make things
Possible and who make paths smoother.
I love you.
Rakhi SMS For Sisters
- Rakhi is just an excuse
for me to express myself
you mean the world to me
Happy Raksha Bandhan
to My sweet sister
- Like an invisible thread
our love binds us together
making sure we'll remember
where we came from and
what we mean to each other.
Wishing you a joyous Raksha Bandhan dear sister
- I long for the day through the year
that you so ceremoniously tie Rakhi
on my wrist and pray for my wellbeing.
Dear Sis, I wish that our bond grows stronger every day."
- It leaves a smile on my face when I think of those trifling fights we had and how we suddenly used to make up. The memories may fade away with passing time but the love we share will only grow. Happy Raksha Bandhan, Dear Sister.
Witty Rakhi SMS
- I am eagerly waiting for the Raksha Bandhan day. Guess, why? My brother has promised me the ipod.
- Raksha Bandhan; a time for me to realize each year that what a BIG MISTAKE I made asking God for a little sister like you.
- If I can choose my brother in next life, it would certainly be you. (Provided you get me that shiny new car tomorrow!)Happy Raksha Bandhan!
From humorous to sentimental, an SMS to a brother or sister can make all the difference! On this auspicious occasion, get ready to shower all your love with these messages that act as the perfect carriers of sentiments and wishes!